Ice cream anyone?
Summer’s around the corner, so I’m in keto / low carb ice cream fever. Here a good base recipe with coconut milk, if you want to go lactose free, but not ice cream free :-).
keto ice cream base (coconut)
- ice cream maker
- 1 cup Coconut milk full fat… really… don't do low fat, it's not getting creamy
- to taste Keto sweetener of choice liquid stevia works, sugar free syrup is an easy way to add sweetness AND flavor if you don't mind artificial sweeteners; Xylithol or Erythritol should be powdered to dissolve better
- a pinch sea salt
- Mix your coconut milk with the sweetener of your choice: liquid stevia or syrup is easy, for powdered erythritol or xylithol, blend until fully dissolved.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
- If you're up for Vanilla Ice Cream (or as a base flavor before layering other flavor elements on top), add some Vanilla aroma or ground vanilla bean and mix it into your sweetened coconut base.
- Pour your mix into your ice-cream maker.
- Wait. Depending on your equipment 20 to 60min. I know, it's hard.
- Eat. 🙂
- Stevia and sugar-free syrup have 0 kcal and 0 carbs
- Erythritol (~2 oz / 50 g) are 20 kcal, but 0 carbs
- Xylithol (~2 oz / 50 g) will add 120 kcal and 7 g carbs